Roasted Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
This smooth and creamy soup has so much flavour, you will wish you had made more! Suitable for those allergic to the Top8 allergens, and people eating an autoimmune paleo diet. Surprisingly easy to prepare, and well worth the effort!
- 500g Sweet Potato
- 300g Carrots
- 2 Shallots
- Olive Oil
- 1 litre Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Cream
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (430 Fahrenheit).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots, then cut them into chunks.
- Place the chopped vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, rosemary, and thyme.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 litre of vegetable broth to boil.
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Fry the shallots in a large pan until golden.
- Pour the shallots into the vegetable stock and continue to simmer until softened.
- Add the roasted vegetables.
- Transfer everything to a blender and process until smooth.
- Reheat if necessary.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream.