Guacamole is a very personal dish. Everyone I know has a very strong opinion on how to appropriately prepare this delicious dip. Should you include tomatoes? Onion? Garlic? There are differing thoughts on chunky vs smooth, and so the debate goes on. I find that my personal preference changes based on what I have in the kitchen at the time my craving for guac sets in. Below is a very basic recipe for you to enjoy and use as a base for your own experimentation. This recipe only takes five minutes to prepare.
- 3 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Coriander (Cilantro)
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and throw into a hand blender.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the mixing cup.
- Add olive oil, coriander, cayenne, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Eat with crisps, fresh veggies, or as a pasta sauce.