Carrot Cauliflower Soup with Pomegranate Seeds
Get through the cold weather with a warm, soothing bowl of soup. This creamy carrot cauliflower soup is beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. Hearty and flavourful with a Moroccan-inspired blend of spices.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3 carrots
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Leeks
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Lime
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 Litre Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Cream
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Roughly chop the shallot and leeks, throw into the pan, and fry until golden.
- Chop the carrots and sweet potato into sizable chunks.
- Add to the pan and fry until soft.
- Meanwhile boil the vegetable broth and reduce to simmer.
- Pour the liquid over the vegetables.
- Break apart the cauliflower head and add to the pan.
- Season with spices and a pinch of salt.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the vegetables.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the pomegranate in half.
- Hold the pomegranate in the palm of your hand over a bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to whack the shell and allow the seeds to drop into the bowl.
- Pour the soup into a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl with a dollop of coconut cream and handful of pomegranate seeds.