Roasted Kale with Beets and Figs
This hearty salad is a perfect introduction to autumn cooking. Beets and figs are always super tasty with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and the roasted kale adds a bit of crunch. Enjoy with goat cheese if your diet allows!
- Bunch of Kale
- 4 Beets
- 6 Fresh Figs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (425 Fahrenheit).
- Cut the beets into chunks and place on an oven tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes.
- Wash the kale and chop off the bottom of the stems (some prefer to remove the stems entirely).
- Chop the kale into smaller slivers.
- Once the beets begin to soften, add the kale to the oven tray and continue roasting for another 5–10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Stem and slice the figs into eighths.
- Pour the roasted ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Top with fresh beets and serve warm.