Quinoa Mozzarella Burgers
These delicious veggie burgers are surprisingly easy to pull off. Several of the ingredients can easily be substituted depending on food allergies. Experiment by adding additional ingredients to the recipe such as zucchini or sun-dried tomatoes.
- ⅓ Cup Quinoa
- ⅔ Cup Water or Vegetable Broth
- 1½ Eggs (or egg replacer of your choice)
- 3 tbsp Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Chopped Scallion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Cup Shaved Mozzarella (or vegan substitute)
- Rinse quinoa before cooking.
- Bring water or vegetable broth to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook quinoa for approximately 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese.
- Chop your scallions into small pieces.
- Combine all your ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide into 4 burgers.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan before gently placing each burger down.
- Cook for 3 minutes before flipping and repeating on the other side. Your finished burgers should be beautifully golden.