Quinoa is an ancient gluten free grain with a sweet and nutty flavour. It is high in protein, and serves as a great substitute for rice or pasta. This colourful dish could be a meal all on its own, but if you feel like making it meatier you could always serve it as a side with your protein of choice. Mix with vegan pesto, or add crumbled feta cheese to make it even more delicious.
- 1 Cup Tricolor Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Sweet Pepper
- 1 Asparagus Bundle
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Vegan Pesto (optional)
- Rinse quinoa before cooking.
- Bring water or vegetable broth to boil in a pan.
- Reduce heat and cook quinoa for approximately 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Heat frying pan with rapeseed oil.
- Add vegetables and seasonings to the pan and simmer until golden.
- Combine quinoa and vegetables.
- Top with cheese or vegan pesto if desired.