Pumpkin pie is a sweet dessert perfect for the holidays. The crispy crust is filled with a lusciously spiced pumpkin filling. This recipe is both vegan, gluten free, and certain to impress. Your guests will never know it is free from all major allergens.
- 1¼ Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 Can Pumpkin Purée
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2½ tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- Combine flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add cubes of butter to the dry ingredients and work in gently using a fork.
- Add cold water one tablespoon at a time until the dough starts to form.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into a thick disc.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Meanwhile start preparing the pumpkin filling.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and use a rolling pin to shape the crust.
- Transfer to your pie pan and use your hands to press the sides up along the edge.
- Pour the filling into the pie.
- Bake for 60 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place the pie in the fridge and allow it to fully set for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with a scoop of coconut ice cream!