Paleo Apple Tart
There is nothing better than a slice of warm apple pie on a chilly day. This recipe is vegan, free from all major allergens, and autoimmune paleo friendly. Simply delicious, it makes the perfect dessert for any occasion. Serve warm with some coconut ice cream.
- 4 Apples
- 1 ⅓ Cups Tapioca Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Melt the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Add tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine all the ingredients until the mixture resembles batter.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Meanwhile core, and thinly slice the apples.
- Press the batter into a pie form.
- Overlay with the apple slices.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until apples are golden.