I very rarely use sugar in my recipes, as it's usually not a vital ingredient. These super sweet frosted vegan cupcakes are an exception. Sometimes you just need to give in to that sugar craving. Top with sprinkles or toasted coconut flakes for the final touch.
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1½ Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ Cup Vegan Butter (for the frosting)
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar (for the frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Begin by mixing the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl using an electric whisk.
- Add the sugar to the butter and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Combine all the ingredients and whisk into cupcake batter.
- Pour the batter into cupcake forms.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile start preparing the frosting.
- Beat the butter with an electric whisk until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
- Top each cupcake with frosting.