Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
Nachos are for sure one of my top five guilty pleasures. This recipe comes close to satisfying that same craving while still providing a nourishing and healthy meal. Fries may sound indulgent, but sweet potatoes are actually full of vitamins. The fun with this snack is that you can load up your sweet potato fries with whatever your heart desires. Here are some suggested toppings to get the ball rolling: guacamole, black beans, jalapeño peppers, hummus, cashew cream, diced tomatoes. The sky is the limit!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Leeks
- Guacamole (Feast Freely recipe can be viewed here)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC (420 Fahrenheit).
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin strips.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Throw sweet potato strips onto the tray and drizzle with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, tossing the fries halfway to ensure they cook evenly.
- Meanwhile prepare your guacamole and other toppings.
- Slice your leeks into thin rounds.
- Throw on top of your fries for the last five minutes of baking.
- Remove from the oven and load up with your desired toppings.