Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, but actually have a much lower glycemic index than regular potatoes. Botanically sweet potatoes and regular potatoes are completely unrelated, and therefore sweet potatoes can be eaten on both the paleo and autoimmune paleo diet.
Loaded with vitamins, sweet potato fries make a great snack or side dish. Eating the skin will add even more nutrition, so we avoid pealing them before baking. These sweet potato fries are especially great with hummus!
- Sweet Potatoes
- Rapeseed Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400 Fahrenheit).
- Scrub the outside of the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into strips and haphazardly place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with hummus.