If there is one thing we can all agree on, it's avocados. Easily one of the world's healthiest foods, packed with nutrients and good fat. I would eat an avocado for every meal of the day if I could. Avocado smash makes for a deliciously creamy spaghetti sauce. Serve with ripe cherry tomatoes for some added flavour.
- 200g Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bring water to boil in a large pot with a generous amount of salt.
- Pour spaghetti into the water, and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, remove lid, and stir occasionally.
- Prepare the sauce while the spaghetti cooks.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and throw into a hand blender.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the mixing cup.
- Add olive oil, cayenne, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Chop your cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine your spaghetti, avocado smash, and cherry tomatoes.
- Toss to combine.
- Season with ground pepper before serving.