Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
The perfect snack when you're on-the-go. These scrumptious energy bars taste like chocolate chip cookies, but contain only healthy ingredients. You'll be tempted to eat the batter before even shaping them into bars! Make a batch of these and leave them in the freezer for an easily accessible boost of energy when you need it.
- 12 Medjool Dates
- 2 Cups Cashews
- ¼ Cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Water
- Pour the cashews into a blender and process until small crumbs are formed.
- De-pit your dates and add to the blender with the cashews.
- Mix until combined.
- If necessary, add the water little by little to help the dough form.
- Add the chocolate chips, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend briefly until all ingredients are combined.
- Line 8x8inch pan with wax paper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press out firmly to fill the bottom evenly.
- Place in the freezer for at least half an hour.
- Remove the form and use a knife to cut the batter into bars.
- Wrap each bar individually, using wax paper, plastic wrap, or tin foil.
- For best results, keep the energy bars in the freezer until you feel like a snack.