Breakfast can be a real struggle for those adhering to the Autoimmune Paleo diet. Without nuts and seeds, most of the free from products go out the window. Enter tapioca pudding! Tapioca is a starch extracted from cassava root, which is not only AIP friendly, but also linked to a number of health benefits. Most commonly found in powder form, but also available in flakes, or pearls as this recipe calls for. We suggest soaking your pearls overnight to cut down on prep time in the morning. If you're anything like me, breakfast needs to be in my belly within 20 minutes of waking up in the morning, leaving no time for lengthy recipes!
- ½ Cup Tapioca Pearls
- 1½ Cups Water
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Allow the tapioca pearls to soak in the water for at least one hour. To cut down on prep time, allow the pearls to soften overnight so they're ready to go in the morning.
- Pour the softened pearls and water into a small saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with baked apple, apple sauce, or a dollop of fruit jam.