Carrot Zucchini Fritters
Veggie burgers are seriously hard to get right, particularly without a binder such as egg or gelatin. I find that they either crumble to pieces, or turn into a mushy mess. These vegetable fritters stay together really well, and are quite filling. Served with a simple side salad, and some hummus as a sauce, you've got yourself a meal!
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Carrots
- ¼ Cup Chickpea Flour
- 2 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Garam Masala Spices (Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Dill Seed, Ginger, Turmeric)
- Shred the zucchini into a colander.
- Press down firmly and drain as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer to absorbent paper towel and let sit while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Shred the carrots into a large bowl.
- Add the chickpea and tapioca flour.
- Mix your spices and combine with the other ingredients.
- Finally stir in the shredded zucchini and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Form patties and fry on the stove for 5 minutes before flipping and repeating on the other side.