Ordering margaritas at a bar can be a dangerous practice when you live with food allergies. Pre-mixed juices, or cocktail mixes contain all sorts of scary ingredients. You're much better off making a refreshing batch for yourself. This jalapeño margarita has a nice kick and is a great drink for lovers of all things spicy. Welcome the weekend!
- 1 Cup Tequila
- 8 Limes
- 4 Jalapeños
- 4 tsp Agave Nectar
- Slice the jalapeño peppers, leaving some for garnish.
- Pour the tequila into a jar.
- Add the chopped jalapeño and set aside for at least twenty minutes. The longer you allow the tequila to infuse, the spicier your drinks will be.
- Once the tequila is spicy enough for your liking, strain the infused liquid, discarding the jalapeños.
- Juice your limes.
- Mix the infused tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar.
- Taste to ensure you have achieved the appropriate amount of spice and sweetness for your liking, if not adjust by adding more peppers or agave nectar.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Pour your margarita over the ice and throw in some jalapeño slices for garnish.