Smashed potatoes are a great way to curb that craving for french fries. With nothing but salt, fresh rosemary, and some olive oil, these crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside potatoes make the tastiest side dish. Super easy to throw together, and far more exciting than your average boiled potato. Not to mention, it's wonderfully therapeutic to smash something after a long day.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC, using the fan if you have the option.
- Fill a large stock pot with enough water to submerge your desired amount of potatoes.
- Bring water to boil on the stove, then reduce to a simmer for approximately 15 minutes until you can stick a fork through each potato with ease.
- Drain the water and place the boiled potatoes on a baking tray.
- Use a large wooden spoon to firmly smash each potato on the head.
- Drizzle with olive oil and liberally sprinkle with salt.
- Throw some fresh rosemary on top.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden (I like to change my oven setting to broil for the last five minutes to achieve that delicious crispy outer layer).