Pistachio butter is my newly discovered favourite nut butter, and can be considered a hidden gem since it has yet to join mainstream nut butters on supermarket shelves. Spread some on a cracker, or even eat it with a bowl of ice cream. There are also numerous health benefits associated with pistachios, including improved digestion and a healthy heart. This recipe stays good for up to one month in the fridge!
- 2 Cups Pistachios
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Spread the pistachios out in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour nuts into a food processor and blast for at least 15 minutes, you will have to stop every couple of minutes to scrape down the sides. Do not give up hope! It can take forever to churn nuts into butter. At first they turn to crumbs, and then finally, after what seems like a lifetime, they magically become creamy nut butter.
- If you're impatient, go ahead and add some coconut oil to help the binding process.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt.