Cashews are so versatile, and contain a considerable amount of protein, vitamins, and minerals making them a great choice for a healthy snack. Spread some cashew butter on a rice cake, or use it to thicken sauces. The options are endless for this tasty spread which stays good for up to one month in the fridge!
- 2 Cups Cashews
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Spread the cashews out in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour nuts into a food processor and blast for at least 15 minutes, you will have to stop every couple of minutes to scrape down the sides. Do not give up hope! It can take forever to churn nuts into butter. At first they turn to crumbs, and then finally, after what seems like a lifetime, they magically become creamy nut butter.
- If you're impatient, go ahead and add some coconut oil to help the binding process.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt.