Give your energy a boost with a healthy afternoon snack. Spread some almond butter on a slice of toast, or eat it with apple slices. Almond butter is packed with nutrients that help improve your immune system, and this recipe stays good for up to one month in the fridge!
- 2 Cups Almonds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Spread the almonds out in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour nuts into a food processor and blast for at least 15 minutes, you will have to stop every couple of minutes to scrape down the sides. Do not give up hope! It can take forever to churn nuts into butter. At first they turn to crumbs, and then finally, after what seems like a lifetime, they magically become creamy nut butter.
- If you're impatient, go ahead and add some coconut oil to help the binding process.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt.