This recipe needs to come with a warning because you will have a very hard time resisting to eat it by the spoonful! Homemade nutella without the guilt or hidden ingredients, all you need are four ingredients and a powerful food processor. This chocolate hazelnut spread stays good for up to one month in the fridge, but it is likely not to last you that long.
- 2 Cups Hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp Cacao
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Spread the hazelnuts out in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour nuts into a food processor and blast for at least 15 minutes, you will have to stop every couple of minutes to scrape down the sides. Do not give up hope! It can take forever to churn nuts into butter. At first they turn to crumbs, and then finally, after what seems like a lifetime, they magically become creamy nut butter.
- If you're impatient, go ahead and add some coconut oil to help the binding process.
- Add the cacao and maple syrup and blend until combined.
- Gradually add as much coconut milk as you need to make a creamy spread.