Paleo Hot Chocolate
Help make these chilly winter months more bearable and get cozy with a warm cup of hot chocolate. This simple recipe is vegan, paleo, and really delicious! Carob is a tropical pod that contains a sweet, edible pulp. It has a slightly different flavor and texture from cacao, but makes for a great chocolate substitute for those adopting the Paleo diet. Carob is low in fat, high in fibre, naturally sweet, but contains no caffeine.
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1½ tsp Carob Powder
- 1½ tsp Maple Syrup
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the carob powder.
- Add male syrup and combine.
- When desired temperature is reached, use a whisk to froth the milk.
- Remove hot chocolate and pour into a mug.