The weather in London has been overly depressing lately. With an Arctic blast that swept the country this week, it feels like winter is back for an encore. Fed up of shivering all day and needing a pick-me-up, I decided to make a soothing turmeric latte. Turmeric is arguably the most powerful spice in the world, and has endless health benefits. This orange root is a very strong antioxidant, has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, and can actually help heal the gut lining. A turmeric latte is naturally free of any caffeine, so you can enjoy it at any time of day.
- 400ml Coconut Milk (1 Can)
- 1tsp Fresh Turmeric
- 1tsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Pour the coconut milk into a small saucepan and simmer on medium heat.
- Grate the turmeric and ginger directly into the pan while stirring.
- Drop in a small spoonful of maple syrup and your desired amount of cinnamon.
- Continue to whisk until warm and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and top off with a sprinkle of cinnamon.