Pumpkin Seed Butter
Pumpkin seed butter serves as a great alternative for those with a nut allergy. Spread some on carrot sticks as a healthy snack, or add some to your bowl of soup for added flavour. Pumpkin seeds are packed with protein, minerals, and healthy fat. They provide all sorts of health benefits ranging from immune support to anti-inflammatory effects. This recipe stays good for up to one month in the fridge!
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Spread the pumpkin seeds out in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour seeds into a food processor and blast for at least 15 minutes, you will have to stop every couple of minutes to scrape down the sides. Do not give up hope! It can take forever to churn seeds into butter. At first they turn to crumbs, and then finally, after what seems like a lifetime, they magically become creamy seed butter.
- If you're impatient, go ahead and add some coconut oil to help the binding process.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt.