Mulled Apple Cider
Beat the winter blues by getting cozy with a warm cup of mulled cider. This festive drink has really nice flavour and is impossible to resist on a cold day. Spike your cider with a touch of rum if you need an added kick.
- 2 Litres Cloudy Apple Juice
- 2 Oranges
- 10 Cloves
- 4 Star Anise
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Bring the apple juice to a simmer in a large saucepan.
- Slice the orange peel into strips, avoiding as much white as you can.
- Juice the oranges into the saucepan.
- Throw in the orange peel and all the spices.
- Let simmer for at least twenty minutes, the longer you leave it the better it will taste.
- Serve warm.