Brussels sprouts deserve more attention all year round, not just during the holidays. These leafy green vegetables are rich in many valuable nutrients. Asparagus is also packed with health benefits and is known to help our brains fight cognitive decline. This quick and easy recipe for pan-fried greens requires nothing more than a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper. The result is an irresistible charred flavour that will inspire most people to eat more greens.
- 300g Brussels Sprouts
- 350g Asparagus
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash your vegetables.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half and throw into the pan.
- Break off the ends of your asparagus and throw them in as well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and let fry, tossing every couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat once your Brussels sprouts start to brown.