Tomato Salad with Pickled Onions
Pickled onion can take several days to prepare, but this recipe brings your prep-time down to just five minutes! All you need is red onion, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. A lot of recipes call for sugar, but in our opinion there is really no need as the onions become sweet from pickling.
- Mixed Greens
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- Olive Oil
- Remove the outer layers of the onion and thinly slice.
- Place in microwave-safe container.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Juice the lime on top of the onion.
- Microwave for 2 minute intervals until the onion turns pink.
- Throw your greens into a large salad bowl.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and toss with the mixed greens.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes on the salad.
- Add your pickled onions.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.