Loaded with vegetables, this vegan curry makes for a quick, healthy, and nutritious dinner. The rice adds some more substance, but can easily be removed for those on a paleo diet. This recipe makes for a great starting point, and is open to experimentation with a variety of vegetables and meat additions.
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Cans Coconut Milk
- 1 Broccoli
- 3 Carrots
- Handful of Snap Peas
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Curry Powder
- Bring 2 Cups of water to boil in a pan.
- Pour in the rice, reduce to simmer, and cover with a lid.
- Cook the rice for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop your vegetables into small slices.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Fry the onion until golden.
- Add carrots, broccoli, and snap peas.
- Grate some ginger into the pan.
- Continue to cook until vegetables start to go soft.
- Sprinkle with salt, cayenne, and curry powder.
- Pour in the coconut milk and continue to cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.