Pear Pomegranate Salad
Pomegranate seeds are known for a whole host of health benefits. These include reduced joint pain, lower blood pressure, fighting bacterial infections, and improving memory. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds. The pomegranate fruit itself is a work of art once you break it open, and the seeds make for a sweet addition to any meal. This pear pomegranate salad is full of delicious, fresh flavours. Throw some crumbled goat cheese on there if your diet allows!
- 2 Pears
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Pomegranate
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Slice your pomegranate in half (use a plastic cutting board since pomegranate will easily stain wood).
- Grab one half of the pomegranate and hold it face-down over a large bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, smack the top of the pomegranate until all the juicy seeds pop into the bowl.
- Repeat this with the other half until all seeds have been removed from the white flesh.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits.
- Chop the avocado and pears into sizable chunks.
- Add arugula, pears, and avocado to a large bowl.
- Grab a handful of pomegranate seeds and throw them on the salad, saving the rest for your next meal.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt for added flavour.
- Top with pumpkin and sunflower seeds for some crunch.
- Toss to combine.