Heirloom Tomato Goat Cheese Tart
This is a great recipe to make on weekends when you have some time to spend in the kitchen. Option to use cashew butter instead of goat cheese for a vegan alternative.
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 175g Butter
- 4 tbsp Water (1 tbsp at a time)
- Fresh Basil
- 100g Goat Cheese (use Cashew Cheese for a vegan option)
- 1 tsp Honey
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350° Fahrenheit).
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes on paper towel sheets for 10 minutes in order to soak up most of the moisture.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for approximately 40 minutes whilst preparing the dough.
- Pour the flour into a large bowl.
- Use your fingers to combine with the butter, it is helpful to cut the butter into small cubes before mixing. (If you really don't enjoy getting your hands dirty then you can complete this step by using a food processor instead).
- Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough forms a nice ball in your hands.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Flatten out the dough inside a tart pan.
- Bake the crust in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped goat cheese while the crust is baking.
- Combine goat cheese, fresh basil, and honey in a bowl.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread the goat cheese mixture into the tart.
- Top with slices of heirloom tomato and some fresh basil.