French Fries and Ketchup
Satisfy that salt craving with these crispy fries dipped in tomato ketchup. Our homemade ketchup is tastier than the store bought variety, and much better for you. It contains no sugar or hidden ingredients, and allows for tweaking based on your personal taste. Make it spicy by adding more chili powder, or throw in some cinnamon if you're feeling adventurous.
- 3 Large Potatoes
- ½ Cup Tomato Purée
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (425 Fahrenheit).
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly.
- Cut into thin strips.
- Throw the fries onto an oven tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes until crispy and golden, tossing occasionally to ensure an even roast.
- Meanwhile prepare your ketchup.
- Combine tomato purée, apple cider vinegar, and spices in a small bowl.
- Mix well, adjusting the ratio of spices based on your personal taste.