This fresh salad will make you dream of warmer days. It takes mere minutes to throw together, and serves as a really great option for a quick lunch. Chickpeas are high in protein and fibre, making them super filling. Combined with your favourite vegetables, you've got yourself a healthy meal in no time.
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ Lemon
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Drain your chickpeas from the can and pour into a large bowl.
- Chop the peppers, cucumber, and red onion.
- Toss the vegetables with the chickpeas to combine.
- Squeeze the lemon over the salad.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to combine all the ingredients.