Learning to live with food restrictions can seem very daunting at first. The great thing is that you can still enjoy all those meals you love by making some simple substitutions. These pancakes are super filling making them perfect for weekend brunch. Baking them in the oven instead of frying on the stove is a great tactic which requires less supervision and gives great results. Serve with maple syrup and a handful of fresh berries.
- 3 Bananas
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Berries
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350 Fahrenheit).
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and use an electric mixer to combine.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spoon some batter onto the tray and spread into the shape of a pancake (the batter will not spread at all when baking, so make the pancakes the appropriate size to begin with).
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip all the pancakes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.